Any child who has been entitled to free school meals at any time during the last six years will attract Pupil Premium funding to the school.
This funding is in addition to the regular school budget and is used to provide additional support, experiences and resources for the children. Benefits to the children include subsidised school trips, free breakfast club places and one subsidised after school club. Further details on the spending of this grant can be found on the Pupil Premium Report (see link below)
Free School Meals
Although all KS1 children automatically receive a free school meal it is still vital for all parents/carers who get any means-tested benefits listed below to apply for free school meals. We will be given extra funding which we can use to support individuals and help with your child's education. If you are not sure if you might be entitled to free school meals for your child, apply here.
If you are entitled then completing an application form now will also help to ensure free meals continue when your child goes from Year 2 to Year 3.
Means Tested Benefits:
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseekers Allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The Guaranteed element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit only, provided your annual household income (as assessed by HM Revenue & Customs) does not exceed £16,190
- Working Tax Credit run-on - paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
Pupil Premium Strategy 2016/2017 - Please click to view
Pupil Premium Strategy 2017/2018 - Please click to view
Please click below for 2018/2019 Pupil Premium Report