‘Childhood matters and learning is meaningful’
We aim to create a secure and stimulating environment in which all our pupils can achieve their full potential. Staff are totally committed to equal opportunity and we constantly strive for a positive, inclusive education for all.
- An environment where everyone feels safe, cared for and valued.
- High quality teaching and learning.
- A happy, structured, stimulating learning environment inside and out.
- High standards in basic skills
- Exciting and meaningful first hand experiences in school and on the beach/in the forest.
- Whole school behaviour management strategies.
- Strategies for helping each child to learn.
All members of staff, both teaching and non-teaching, share and endorse the school ethos:
Our school is a forward thinking and caring school, committed to the intellectual, social, emotional and physical wellbeing of all who work and learn there, and is an integral part of the local community.
- An exciting, well balanced knowledge-based curriculum.
- Warm and caring relationships between adults and children.
- Well organised and stimulating learning environments including outside the classroom.
- High expectations that are age-appropriate.
- A positive learning culture throughout the school.
- Equality of opportunity for all.
- Opportunities for parents to become involved.
- Challenging professional development for staff.
- Strong links with the local community.