At Peacehaven Heights Primary School & Nursery we love maths!
Mathematics teaches us how to make sense of the world around us through developing a child’s ability to calculate, to reason and to solve problems. It enables children to understand and appreciate relationships and pattern in both number and space in their everyday lives. Through their growing knowledge and understanding, children learn to appreciate the contribution made by many cultures to the development and application of mathematics.
The aims of mathematics are:
· To promote enjoyment and enthusiasm for learning through practical activity, exploration and discussion;
· To promote confidence and competence with numbers and the number system;
· To develop the ability to solve problems through decision-making and reasoning;
· To develop a practical understanding of the ways in which information is gathered and presented;
· To explore features of shape and space, and develop measuring skills in a range of ways;
· to develop thinking skills and reasoning;
· To understand the importance of mathematics in everyday life.
As a school, we promote learning through fun and enjoyment. Teachers plan maths sessions which are engaging, stimulating and exciting and that covers the above aims.
Mrs Calway-Vale says: “Everything has something to do with maths.”
Can you prove me wrong? Feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org