The Creative Curriculum
The curriculum at Peacehaven Heights is creative, thematic with the emphasis on developing children’s independent investigative skills. We passionately believe that learning should be memorable and deep in order to equip children for the future so they are able become lifelong learners. We take every opportunity to use the outside areas that are available. This includes educational visits and frequent trips within the local area.
What does the creative curriculum mean?
What do we think it looks like?
What do we hope it will teach our children?
How will it help them learn the vital skills they need to progress and achieve their full potential?
Deep and memorable learning experiences
- Planning the learning journey for and with the child
- Understanding of the child and its needs underpins the learning
- Exciting contexts
- Stunning starts!
- First hand experiences, visits, visitors, outdoor learning (including Beach School)
- Classroom environments are thematic in approach
- Family learning – take away tasks
- Talk is a focus at all times
- Drama and play
- Regular learning outside the classroom
- Fantastic finishes to each and every topic
We believe by endeavouring to make the curriculum deep and meaningful we are going to engage all our children in their learning. Making connections and having real life experiences embeds knowledge deeply in the mind and is the foundation for the future.
It was recognised by Ofsted during our recent inspection that the Stimulating classrooms and displays of pupil's work in classes and around the school celebrate achievements as well as supporting learning effectively.